Clear Silicone Straws (Curved) – 5 Pack
Which is Best – a Clear Silicone Straw or Glass Straw?
A clear silicone straw is better than a glass straw for a number of reasons:
- Can bend without losing its shape.
- Feels gentle in the mouth with no chance of chipping a tooth making it a preferable option for children and the elderly.
- Can use for coffee and other hot drinks as silicone is quite heat resistant.
- More durable than glass as no chance of them breaking when carrying them around.
- Can cut them to the length you want to fit in your favourite cup or use as a cocktail straw.
There is the argument that it’s better not to use a straw at all for the environment which is quite understandable. However, there are also some valid arguments for using a reusable straw, such as:
- Dentists recommend them for protecting your teeth against decay and staining as sugary drinks are sucked past the teeth.
- Hygenic reasons particularly when drinking from cups and glasses in public places like cafes, restaurants & pubs.
- For those who have a mobility disability in being able to bring a cup to their mouth and drink from it, hence requiring a straw.